PlayStation 4 version of The King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match Now available via PlayStation Store for $ 14.99 / € 14.99 / 1980 yen, publisher SNK and developer Code Mystics announced. A physical release will launch this spring in North America and Europe for $ 24.99 / € 34.90, and on April 22nd in Japan for 2,980 yen.
In North America, the physical version will be sold by Limited Running Games. Unlock pre-orders for Standard and Limited Collector’s editions Will start On February 9, the latter includes a copy of the game, a non-functional commemorative Neo Geo cartridge, a custom Fangamer Shockbox carrying your game bag and Neo Geo pickup, the original soundtrack, four art cards, and an 18-inch by 24-inch poster.
In Japan, the physical version will be sold via SNK Online Shop.
Here’s an overview of the game via SNK:
As a 2009 sequel that was completely tuned to the critics’ acclaim The King of Fighters 2002And the The King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match It will include a host of new features on PlayStation 4, including a larger list of 66 playable characters, graphic overhaul, and redesigned capabilities. The online game functionality is now much smoother this time thanks to the addition of the net undo symbol.
- Undo Netcode – The King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match It features an updated grid code for undo that significantly reduces online lag during matches. Players can tweak the settings in order to improve their online experiences.
- Online quality of life versus features – The King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match It includes online features that allow players to study their matches and learn from their mistakes. This includes the ability to watch the last 10 matches online, options that enable win / lose counters, and wait times to prevent game replays after a quick match.
- Two unique online modes – Choose from “Rank Match”, where battle results are shared and ranked online, and “Player Match”, where fans can set their own settings against the Battle Settings. Fight to be the true king of players on the international stage! The world is yours!
It is fully tuned
- An impressive roster of 66 playable characters – In addition to the original cast The King of Fighters 2002, A group of returning characters from previous versions of “The Nests Chronicles”, hidden characters and an exclusive character named “Nameless” join the tournament for the largest character roster in KOF history.
- Rearrange graphics and background music – Each display, scene and winner screen has been fully fixed. Moreover, the game’s soundtrack has been reworked for more intense matches.
- Many new and old moves have been added – Along with the new moves and special moves created specifically for this title, a lot of the old moves are back in KOF 2002 UM. Moreover, the game mechanics and the characters’ abilities have been redesigned.
- Big upgrade for MAX Mode and MX2 – All despair moves in it The King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match It can now be canceled at any time via “MAX Mode”. Final “MAX 2” movements are brighter and easier to use.
Watch the launch announcement below. View a new set of screenshots in the gallery.