Blackmagic today submitted a Pocket Cinema 6K Pro It includes features everyone wants in a compact, compact body. The two big new features are interior neutral density and optional EVF.
The new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro now uses Sony NP-F570 batteries which have much better performance than the original Pocket which uses Canon LP-E6 battery. It is still an EF mount lens and uses the same CFast type media.
All Pocket Cinema Camera models include a full version of DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras feature a mini XLR input with 48V phantom power for connecting professional microphones. The 6K Pro features two mini XLR connections, for recording two separate audio tracks with two microphones, without an external mixer. The four built-in microphones have an ultra-low noise floor, shockproof and windproof. There is also a 3.5mm audio input for connecting the camcorder microphones, along with a built-in speaker for playback and a 3.5mm headphone jack similar to other current pocket cameras.
Below is the entire presentation if you want to see it.
Featuring 5th generation color science as the URSA Mini Pro 12K, the Pocket Cinema 6K Pro camera delivers accurate skin tones and accurate colors. With a new 12-bit dynamic gamma curve designed to capture more color data in highlights and shadows, for better-looking images. Color science also handles some of Blackmagic RAW’s complex image processing operations, so dynamic range and color data from the sensor is preserved over the metadata that customers can use in post-production.
Indoor ND Filters
Internal ND inclusion is a big deal. It contains 2, 4 and 6-stop IR ND filters.
Infrared filters are designed to filter both the optical and infrared wavelengths equally, minimizing the contamination of infrared images. The activation buttons are located on the back of the camera body, so that they are within easy reach of your thumb through the multi-function handgrip. User selectable filter settings can also be displayed as either ND number, reduce stop, or break on the LCD.
- Blackmagic RAW 3: 1, 5: 1, 8: 1, 12: 1, Q0, Q1, Q3 and Q5 with size 6144 x 3456, 6144 x 2560, 5744 x 3024, 4096 x 2160, 3728 x 3104 and 2868 x 1512 with Movie, extended video, video dynamic range, or custom 3D lookup table embedded in the metadata.
- ProRes at 4096 x 2160, 3840 x 2160, and 1920 x 1080 resolution with movie or extended video, video dynamic range, or custom 3D lookup table.
- Storage rates
- Storage rates are based on 30fps.
- 6144 x 3456 (6 KB)
- Blackmagic RAW 3: 1-323MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 5: 1-194MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 8: 1 – 121MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 12: 1 – 81MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 – 242 to 483 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q1 – from 162 to 387 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q3 – 108 to 277MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 – from 65 to 162 MB / s
- 6144 x 2560 (6 KB 2.4: 1)
- Blackmagic RAW 3: 1-240MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 5: 1 – 144 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 8: 1-90MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 12: 1-60MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 – 180 to 359MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q1 – 120 to 287MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q3 – from 80 to 205 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 – from 49 to 120MB / s
- 5744 x 3024 (5.7 KB 17: 9)
- Blackmagic RAW 3: 1 – 264MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 5: 1 – 159MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 8: 1-100MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 12: 1 – 67MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 – 198 to 396MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q1 – 133 to 317 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q3 – 89 to 227MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 – from 54 to 133MB / s
- 4096 x 2160 (4K DCI)
- Blackmagic RAW 3: 1 – 136MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 5: 1 – 82MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 8: 1-51MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 12: 1-35MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0-102 to 203 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q1 – from 68 to 163MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q3 – 46 to 116MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 – from 28 to 68MB / s
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ – 117.88MB / s
- Apple ProRes 422 – 78.63MB / s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT – 54.63MB / s
- Apple ProRes Agent – 24.25MB / s
- 3728 x 3104 (3.7 KB 6: 5 anamorphic)
- Blackmagic RAW 3: 1 – 177 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 5: 1-106MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 8: 1 – 67MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 12: 1-45MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 – 133 to 265MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q1 – 89 to 212 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q3 – from 60 to 152 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 – 36 to 89MB / s
- 2868 x 1512 (2.8 KB 17: 9)
- Blackmagic RAW 3: 1 – 67MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 5: 1-41MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 8: 1-26MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW 12: 1-17MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q0 – 51 to 101MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q1 – from 34 to 81MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q3 – 23 to 58 MB / s
- Blackmagic RAW Q5 – from 14 to 34 MB / s
- 1920 x 1080
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ – 27.5MB / s
- Apple ProRes 422 – 18.4MB / s
- Apple ProRes 422 LT – 12.75MB / s
- Apple ProRes Agent – 5.6MB / s
Tiltable back screen
The backlit LCD is now a tilting HDR LCD with 1500 nits. Screen does not flip or flip. This design is similar to that of Fujifilm XT-3.
What it contains
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K Pro camera
- Dust cover for lens tower
- Camera strap
- 30W power supply with lockout connector and international adapters
- Battery NP-F570
- Welcome booklet
- DaVinci Resolve Studio Activation Key
Cinema Camera Pro electronic viewfinder
It’s hard to pick my favorite new feature but I think adding the optional electronic viewfinder should be my best pick.
The new EVF Pro is an OLED display of 1280 x 960 colors and an additional 33% of the screen is dedicated to important information such as frame rate, histograms, recording status, audio meters, and more.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Pro EVF features a 70 ° range of motion and 4 different types of lenses, with options for left or right eyes. The built-in proximity sensor not only activates the viewfinder, but also turns off the LCD touch screen. This saves battery power and prevents you from accidentally changing the camera setting by pressing the touch screen controls.
Likewise, the new Pocket has a Pro Grip battery that also uses two NP batteries giving the camera a nice long runtime. Camera Battery Grip pro is $ 145.
The new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro sets a lot of squares the original models weren’t, and it looks like an excellent choice for all shooting conditions. One feature that has not been updated is the enhanced autofocus or internal IS such as IBIS.
The new Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science will be available for all Pocket cameras in the next update. This is great news if you want to add 6K Pro to your existing Pocket cameras for Multicam work.
The Pocket 6K Pro retails for $ 2,495 Which is about $ 400 more than the Pocket 6K and I think it’s worth every penny. Electronic viewfinder is $ 495 and includes four eye cups.
Like what we do and want to support Newsshooter? Think about becoming a prof Patreon supporter And help us continue to be the best source for news and reviews for the professional tools of the freelance filmmaker.