MMA Junkie confirmed the news after an initial report from RT Sport. The UFC First Battle Pass for 2021 drops from 13 to 12 fights. No reason was given to cancel the match.
Contender series graduate from Dana White (9-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) kicked off his UFC career in spectacular fashion with an 18-second knockout from Jacob Malkoun to be awarded a “Performance of the Night” bonus at UFC 254 last October.
He was ready to face Russian-born, France-based IMAUF (9-2 MMA, 1–0 UFC), who also made a successful start to his UFC career last year with a unanimous win over Jordan Williams at UFC on ESPN 16, also in October.
The duo were ready to showcase their skills at the premier card venue in Abu Dhabi. But undisclosed circumstances pushed the match now off the card.
UFC takes place at ABC 1 on Saturday at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi. The main card is broadcast on ABC and is broadcast on ESPN + following prelims on ESPN +.
With the change, UFC’s revised lineup to ABC 1 includes:
Primary Card (ABC, ESPN +, 3 PM ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Calvin Katar
- Matt Brown opposite Carlos Condit
- Lee Jingliang vs Santiago Ponzenebio
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Alessio de Chirico
- Soriano vs. Bonahil Dusko Todorovic
Initial Card (ESPN +, 12 p.m. ET)
- Jocelyn Edwards vs Wu Yan’an
- Omri Akhmetov opposite Tom Breeze
- Carlos Felipe vs. Justin Tava
- Mike Grundy versus Nick Lentz
- Ramadan Imif opposite David Zawada
- Vanessa Mello opposite Sarah Moras
- Jacob Kilburn versus Austin Lingo
- Gaetano Perello vs Ricky Simon